June 1, 2015

Forza Horizon 2

Date played: May 31st
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

The 2012 Jaguar XKR-S is a lumbering giant with a huge engine that weighs more than a giraffe with a luxurious interior. The GT class championship I completed with it felt very different from the other events, simply because all of the cars in it are so heavy. Drifting around corners was almost necessary because of it. I had lots of fun driving the luxury car around the city of Nice...
The Jaguar XKR-S in all it's glory
I managed to complete the second set of bucket list challenges, many of which were quite difficult. One of the toughest was a crazy speed zone event in a 2012 Lotus Exige S. The nimble little car had to keep an average of 105 km/h on a section of the road that had two hairpin turns. It took me quite a few tries before I beat the target, as the turns are really tight, but eventually I got it by cutting into the grass more than I am used to. I started working on the final set of bucket list challenges, and already, I can see that these will be a challenge. It started with a very cool time trial run to the coast of the Mediterranean sea in a stunning 1961 Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage. This car handles like shit, but it looks wonderful and sounds delightful...

For the next road trip, I picked the extreme offroad car class and bought a weird car, a 2014 Local Motors Rally Fighter. I've never seen this thing in my life, but it looks like a juiced up rally truck. I played one event in the series which was filled with insane jumps and very bumpy sections of track.