June 11, 2015

Forza Horizon 2

Date played: June 10th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 8/10

I completed the final showcase event where I raced a Jaguar against a giant cargo plane in the middle of a huge storm. The event required that I take cut some of the corners a lot, but I was able to catch up with the plane in the final stretch of the race that took place at the airstrip.

This showcase event was awesome!
After the showcase, I made another barn find and decided to use the new car for my next road trip and championship. The car in question is a beautiful, but wild Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage. This classic racer just loves to drift around and is quite hard to control, but it has a lot of power. I completed all 4 events and am now only 1 championship win away from the finale.

I also completed a bucket list challenge where I had to hit a speed trap in an Alpha Romeo 4C. After driving the wild Maserati, this modern car felt so fucking good... I easily hit the target after a few attempts. I also tried a speed trap in a Pagani Huayra, but it seems like this will be another event that will take dozens of attempts and tons of practice, so I will leave it for another day.