June 23, 2015

Forza Horizon 2

Date played: June 22nd
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

For all intents and purposes, I've finished Forza Horizon 2!

There are still dozens and dozens of events left, but I've completed the Horizon Finale and all the bucket list challenges, so all the remaining events are just more of the same in different car types. I picked the wonderful Lamborghini Miura once again and entered the Finale.

I ride into the sunset at the end of the Horizon Finale
The event was a regular checkpoint race, but it was fucking huge! Normally, the races are about 3-4 minutes, but the Finale was an intense 25 minute race. I don't use the rewind feature of the game to get more credits, so I had to be very careful not to make any major mistakes. I made it to the end and won the big trophy in a cool little cut scene.

I completed another championship after that using a big, yet sporty Mercedes. I also ended up buying the Storm Island expansion pack as it was on sale. I tried it out quickly and it looks really interesting so far. It features a whole new map, some new vehicles and parts and a new set of events. Storm Island itself is a rugged, dangerous place and as it's name implies, is prone to hosting large storms. I completed an event in a heavily modified Ford Ranger. There were even some artificial obstacles on the track to makes things even harder! I loved it and can't wait to explore more of Storm Island.