June 4, 2015

Forza Horizon 2

Date played: June 3rd
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 7/10

I rode the beautiful Jaguar 1956 D-Type into the cult classics championship. The car actually handles like a dream and is a lot of fun to drive in general. I had no trouble at all placing first in all races with it. I enjoyed driving it a lot... I completed one bucket list event, drifting a BMW around some country roads. The third and final tier of bucket list challenges is absolutely insane, many of the events requiring near perfection to complete.

Truck versus plane
A new showcase event was next, featuring a race between a modern, powerful truck against a small propeller plane. It looked cool the whole time of course, but was also more challenging than the previous showcase events. I had to cut some of the corners very sharply to catch up with the quick little plane. I failed the first time, but on my second attempt, I took some serious risks with my shortcuts, and it paid off.