June 10, 2015

Forza Horizon 2

Date played: June 9th
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

There's just something I love about perfecting my skills in a racing game. For years, it's been the genre that has kept me interested the most. It's the genre where I am always a strong competitor. It's a genre that has motivated my hardware purchases over the years. It started in my early years, playing Super Mario Kart with my brother, fighting to shave a hundredth of a second on time trials. The Wipeout series forced me to learn advanced techniques to win. Project Gotham Racing 3 was my main reason for purchasing an Xbox 360 at launch. I got my first credit card to purchase a PS2 with Gran Turismo 3. I fought tooth and nail in online Blur races. I battled the elements in the Dirt series. I honed my high speed skills in Driveclub.

Bottom line?

I. LOVE. RACING. GAMES.

I really do.
Racing at 300 km/h in the rain is a piece of cake compared to the bucket list...
Yesterday, I had an amazing moment while playing Forza Horizon 2. I took on the most difficult bucket list challenge yet, a speed zone in a Nissan 370z. There was no real trick to success, it simply required perfect cornering and balls of steel. One run of the challenge takes less than a minute, yet I spent more than a hour trying again and again to hit the target 161 km/h. Needless to say, I was really satisfied when I hit it... so much that I jumped up from my couch, pumped my fist in the air and yelled "Yeah motherfucker, YEAH!" very loudly... You can watch me succeed on Youtube.

I was weary from my efforts, so I took it easy by completing the track toys championship in my Ultima GTR. The races felt so easy after the craziness of the last event...