November 4, 2014

Puppeteer

Date played: November 4th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played through one level of Puppeteer at my daughter's delight. I now have a pair of scissors, a critical part of the game's mechanics. I can use them to cut through anything made of cloth, paper and a few other materials. It's weird how those mechanics work though. I can kind of gain some air by cutting for a limited time, but must find something to cut through to traverse the environment. It's hard to describe, but it doesn't feel as good as it should.
Puppeteer has a cool world
In the level, I was confronted by a large knight and fought him a few times throughout. The boss fight itself was really cool. I had to avoid the knight's flaming sword then chop up his cape to expose his weak points.