November 19, 2014

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Date played: November 18th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I was hoping to get into LittleBigPlanet 3, but it wasn't in the mail... Instead, I decided to shoot some fools in the face. I played some multiplayer in Team Deathmatch and Domination. I actually spent a lot of time experimenting with different setups, different scopes and different equipment.

I played around with the variable grenade, which has an EMP, Stun, Smoke and Threat function. I thought it would be pretty useful, but since I only have one of them per life, it becomes a bit too limited. The threat detector is cool, but it's range is a bit too small to be really useful. EMP doesn't seem that useful. Stun is hard to pull off at the right time. Finally, smoke is my favorite, because it lets me play with people's vision. I went back and forth all night between the variable grenade and the frag grenade.
The XMG-1 is fucking awesome, but pretty hard to use.

I tried out a new heavy gun, a weird, akimbo only LMG death spitter called the XMG-1. It has a special function where it can be turned into a sort of turret, but I can't move while doing it. It's actually really fucking fun to use as it spews out hundreds of bullets in a hail of fire, but it's hard to use. The loss of mobility is a problem of course, but the biggest problem is that this thing is actually pretty hard to aim. I messed around with it a bit, and maybe with some attachments it could be usable, but so far, the regular machine gun, the Pytaek.

I've been messing around with the different scopes and optics for it. The basic red dot sight is good, but I feel like it doesn't take advantage of the weapon's range. The hybrid is not bad, but I wish it was a 2X instead of a 1X and 4X combination. One that surprised me a lot is the thermal scope. Even when people have perks to avoid being seen by it, it's still easy to see people moving and shoot them down. It seems to be about 2X range, which is really what I was looking for, but it also gives the benefit of showing some enemies in red. The only thing I really don't like about it is that I lose my map when I aim down sights...

I didn't do particularly well because of all this fucking around, but I still held my own and was about 1.0 kill/death ratio as an average.