November 8, 2014

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Date played: November 7th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through a few side missions and collected some stuff around the map. The two side missions were pretty cool. In the first, I had to find a caragor, tame it, ride it and hunt down three orcs before the timer runs out. These creatures are fast, agile and very strong. They can climb almost anything that Talion can. I can still use my sword while riding it and when an enemy is lying on the ground, I can have the caragor bite it to death.

This fear-stricken orc is about to be eaten alive by my caragor
The other mission had me kill 10 archers in their fortress without raising the alarm. It required stealth kills so I had to sneak around the walls of the fortress and avoid detection. I also had to kill 5 of them using ledge kills. In my exploration, I found a HUGE creature, I think it's a troll, guarding a collectible. I didn't take him on yet, as I have no idea how to approach this, but I look forward to killing him.