November 29, 2014

Kirby's Adventure

Date played: November 29th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 6/10

The Wii U virtual console has some pretty great NES games, including Kirby's Adventure. I had already played a good portion of this game last year. I was chilling in the basement with my daughter and when she saw the icon for it on the Wii U's menu, she asked me to play it. I ended up playing through the last few levels of the 5th world and 3 levels of the 6th world.

While this game is always pretty easy, there were a few challenging parts here. Some of the boss fights required precision and concentration, as did a few of the sections where I had to fly between deadly spikes. World 6 is set in an ocean, so there were many underwater sections where Kirby can't use his abilities. The highlight was a large pirate ship.