November 29, 2014

Flower

Date played: November 29th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I finished Flower!

Of course, I had already played through it back when it first released on PS3, but the PS4 version is very pretty and my daughter just loves watching me play it. I played the last two levels of the game. We first started with a dark and gloomy one, probably the most boring level in the game actually. There are dangerous electrified pylons scattered throughout that have to be disabled by grabbing a set of flowers. When I hit the pylons while they are still active, I received a large electric shock that burned many of my petals... bummer.

Nature dominates Man
Finally, the last level is one of the best in the game. We reached the dark city and had to do everything in our power to restore nature to it. This level is satisfying because it has the most flowers and the fastest and most powerful petal train. I destroyed rubble and restored color and plant life to the city. The final section has me bursting through a big building to finally reach the top. In a weird twist, a floating chair and window are found at the top. All the petals are absorbed into a pot and a gigantic pink tree is born of my efforts. My daughter cried a little bit at the end because she didn't want it to be over, but she was quickly reassured that games can be replayed at any time!