November 20, 2014

LittleBigPlanet 3

Date played: November 19th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 1/10

I was really excited to play the newest LittleBigPlanet game... I loved the first two, as well as the Vita game. It's the perfect type of game to play with my daughter. She likes the cute characters, costumes, environments and music.

LBP 3 started off pretty well, with an awesome cinematic opening talking about the value of imagination and all that whimsical stuff. Then I had a brief tutorial mixed in with the credits. Sackboy controls as he always has, but everything looks a little bit better. The music was particularly great too!

The story is crazy as usual. A man with a light bulb for a head transported me to his world to prevent three demons from stealing all the imagination from their world. I must save three legendary heroes to prevent the disaster.

Grrrrr...glitches suck
I started playing through the first level and everything was great! I was gathering stickers, objects and costumes as I vaulted through the level and was having lots of fun. Then I was tasked with using the popit, the little menu that lets me use stickers and costumes.

My enjoyment for the game came to an abrupt stop right then. I started experiencing extremely long freezes anytime I would open of close the popit. We're talking 15-20 seconds here. It completely killed any excitement I had to play this. I stopped after the first level...

Evidently, the wizards over at NeoGAF have figured out the glitch and it's source. It seems that it stems from having more than 10 screenshots TOTAL on the PS4's hard drive. An easy fix is to simply copy or delete the screenshots. That's really not something I want to do, but if they don't patch this before the weekend, I just might do it...