November 4, 2014

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Date played: November 4th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

Shadow of Mordor is pretty awesome...

I played a story mission and explored the world a good bit. The mission had me fraternizing with one of the orcs... I agreed to free him and lead him to lead one of the orc bases in exchange for information on one of the stronger orcs. I had to track the other dude down through a big keep. I used stealth to take out most of the enemies but couldn't find my target. It turns out, he was at a different camp a bit further out.
Another captain bites the dust
The other camp was filled with orcs, but also caged caragors, the large predators. I ended up killing tons of enemies by shooting their cages open. My target's main weakness was that he was scared of caragors... so I sent one after him, he got scared and I was easily able to take him out.

I spent a good amount of time just roaming around, completing small tasks and getting collectibles. Along the way, I met and fought 2 or 3 orc captains. It's really interesting how this system works. There's a lot of depth to it and I've barely scratched the surface.