November 4, 2014

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Date played: November 3rd
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I had very limited time to play video games last night, but I still managed to get a few side missions done in Shadow of Mordor. The more I play it, the more it feels like Assassin's Creed. There are even hunting and gathering challenges, similar to AC3 and 4. I found a few runes that gave me exp, but I'm hitting a wall with my upgrades already.

Killing Orcs is amazing...
It seems that upgrades are limited by Talion's power level, which can only be increased by killing orc leaders and completing real missions. I found one orc leader and killed him with a single arrow to the head. The last side mission I played had me kill 10 orcs without being seen. I also had a chance to ride a Caragor, a large quadruped predator. It was awesome...