November 2, 2014

Forza Horizon 2 demo

Date played: November 2nd
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 10/10

I.... I need to buy this game...

Forza Horizon 2 is absolutely wonderful. The demo welcomed me to the Horizon Festival in Europe where fast cars and EDM collide. I drove a fancy Lamborghini to the show in the open world map, then got into a Mitsubishi Lancer for a couple of events.

The big draw to Horizon is the way the map is made so that tons of shortcuts are available. In fact, you can literally drive anywhere, or at least it seems like it so far. This means a lot of racing through open fields and small woods at very dangerous speeds. There is a great cockpit cam, rain and tons of other cool little things, including a bit of story.

The cars handle very well and are a ton of fun to drive. While I only got to play two events, I fucking loved every second I played of Horizon, so I'm sure I will end up buying it soon enough.