November 15, 2014

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Date played: November 12th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I completed all of the available side quests. Some of them had been too hard the first time I tried, but with my upgraded skills and weapons, it became rather easy this time around. Along the way, I fought many orc captains. Hell, I even fought 2 at once at one point!

Another one bites the dust!
I played two main missions too. In one of them, I had to lure a graug away from it's cave. The lumbering beast came back, but I used a new ability to evade it. I have a new skill that lets me teleport to enemy targets by spending arrows. Another mission had me save Ratbag again, the dirty little orc that always seems to be willing to work with me. From him, I learned that there are 4 warchiefs that lead the captains. Of course, this means killing them. I tracked one down and managed to kill him. These dudes are tougher and have bodyguards, but it was nothing I couldn't handle with a bit of stealth.