November 24, 2014

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Date played: November 23rd
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played a little bit of Mordor. I found a few more slaves, which opened up a couple of slave liberation missions. I completed those, then played one of the main story missions. I'm definitely feeling like I'm reaching the end of the game. I now have all upgrades that are bought with currency, though I'm still missing a few abilities.

This captain gave me a good fight
The main mission had me go retrieve an item from some orcs. This is where I learned how to brand enemies. When branded, they can be ordered to fight for me! I snuck around the fortress, branded half a dozen archers, then activated them. It rained arrows on my enemies until all was left were bodies. I also bought an ability that lets me kill all branded enemies at once, so it can be really powerful. I killed a few captains along the way too.