September 1, 2014

Tomb Raider

Date played: September 1st
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

I finished Tomb Raider!

The last few segments were action packed where Lara mostly fought some samurai warriors while making her way to Sam and Mathias. The warriors were a lot stronger than the cultists. They were all heavily armored and many had shields. Thankfully, they don't use guns so I was able to shoot many of them before they got too close. My shotgun is now fully upgraded and worked well, but the assault rifle was by far the most effective weapon against them.

A survivor is born
I then jumped, climbed and scrambled through windy ruins and ice covered cliffs. There were a few puzzles along the way, but nothing major. In the end, Lara had to fight a very large samurai by shooting at his exposed back and dodging giant club swings. I then reached Mathias and Sam. Somehow, the body of the Sun Queen was still there and sort of alive. It was sucking Sam's soul as I fought Mathias i a gruesome hand to hand battle. Lara grabbed his pistol and shot him with akimbo pistols, her signature move from the previous games. I was able to save Sam, lift the curse on the island and go back to the barge.

Tomb Raider was an amazing game, better than I expected it to be. It is pretty, fun to control and brimming with action. I can't wait to see what they do for the next game!