September 27, 2014

Destiny

Date played: September 26th and 27th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played lots of Crucible again and did fairly well. I tried out the Salvage mode, a mode that is only available occasionally.  It's a 3 vs 3 game where teams try to control a relic for 30 seconds to score points. I got completely destroyed by clans that worked very well together...

I moved on to Clash and Control and did much better. I'm getting better and better at using my shoulder rush move. The key is to anticipate distance and location of enemies and rushing like a crazed motherfucker. It's a one shot kill, but it's very risky. It works best in Control since it's easy to spot lone enemy guardians by looking at the timer on the capture points.
My Guardian relaxes in the tower after a hard night in the Crucible

I am discovering that enemy vehicles are not as robust as they look. I've taken out several players by shooting at their craft with my trusty pulse rifle!

I've now gathered enough Crucible marks to buy a piece or armor,  but I am far from meeting the reputation requirements. This means that when I hit rank 2, I should be able to buy at least two pieces of exotic gear.