September 1, 2014

Re-Volt 2

Mobile games generally suck...
Date played: September 1st
Platform: Android
Session fun rating: 4/10

The original Re-Volt is a very nostalgic game for me. I first played it on PC whenever I would visit a friend from high school. Shortly after that, he got a Dreamcast and we played tons of it there as well. RC car racing games have been pretty rare, the only other notable one being RC Pro-Am. As a teenager, I fucking loved these little remote controlled cars, so of course, Re-Volt was interesting to me. It was a pretty good fucking game too. It's certainly no masterpiece, but it was still fun.

I stumbled onto Re-Volt 2 on the Google Play store. While I don't play many games on my phone, because, well, fuck touch screens, I couldn't resist Re-Volt 2. Unfortunately, it seems to be more of a remake with online multiplayer rather than a completely new game. It's also free to play, so it has a lot of weird things to pay for. The game controls well enough, with acceleration being handled completely by the game.

The problem is that the initial cars are fucking slow... I understand that there need to be things to pay for, but this makes me a lot less interested in this game.