September 15, 2014

Bravely Default

Date played: September 14th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

I finally got back to this game. It hasn't really hooked me yet, but I wanted something to play in bed, so I booted it back up. I went back to town and reported my findings to the King. He appointed me in charge of rebuilding the destroyed city. This is a bit of a mini game where Streetpassed characters help rebuild different areas. This is really cool as I get to choose where to focus my workers. For example, I removed some rubble, built an armor shop and upgraded the item shop. This is all tied to a real-time timer, and the more workers I assign, the faster it is completed.
This city is very pretty
My partner, the vestal of Wind, decided that the best way to reach the other vestals is to get captured by the air pirates we encountered earlier. I led her to the lake where their airship was parked when she quickly realized that getting captured was an awful idea. I had to fight the white mage lady and the monk dude. This was the first real boss battle. I decided to just default until I was full of action points, then unloaded like a madman, focusing on the healer first of course.

After the battle, I was granted the ability to use the monk and white mage jobs. I turned Tiv into a monk and Agnes into a white mage. There is an option to activate another job's abilities which will give me a lot of flexibility later on. I went back to town, bought new equipment and bought the cure spell.