September 5, 2014

NES Remix

Date played: September 4th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played NES remix for a bit as I was downloading the new PS + free games. I now have about 135 stars. I played all of the Donkey Kong levels, a few Balloon Fight, Excitebike and Super Mario Bros. I unlocked a bunch of remix levels too. Some of them were really cool. I particularly like Excitebike variations. Some had ice, some had me using turbo the whole time, etc. The Donkey Kong remixes were some of the better ones too. I even had a chance to play as Luigi! However, the Mario Bros levels were shit. I never liked that piece of trash game, and it's not any better remixed.

Mario rescues Pauline
Along the way, I unlocked two new games; The Legend of Zelda and Wrecking Crew. I tried out Zelda and it was charming as hell. One of the tasks was to simply "Take the sword", which I found hilarious. NES Remix is a nice little time waster.