September 11, 2014

Destiny

Date played: September 10th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

I'm hooked. Destiny is incredibly fun!

After a brief visit to the tower to turn in missions and grab bounties, I completed a story mission solo. In the Russian spaceport ruins, I managed to find a vehicle, the Shrike. This is a high speed hover bike that can be summoned almost anywhere. It's extremely fun to use and very practical. It feels a lot like a Ghost from the Halo series, but a bit faster. It's worth nothing that it's engine sound if fucking fabulous.

After I got the Shrike, I sped through the area towards my objective, where I had to scan some items. This led me to an area that the Fallen were converging. I shot my way through the place and found a large area where the Fallen were trying to hack an old computer. I had a big battle here against some tough enemies, including a new floating eye enemy called Servitors. They shield and heal the foot soldiers, so they have to be taken out rather quickly, but they have a good amount of health.

My guardian in The Last City
After the mission, I paired up with a friend who was a few missions behind me. I just tagged along, got some EXP, some gear and had fun with my buddy. He's also a Titan, so we could throw two grenades during tough encounters. I was a bit reckless at times, so I managed to die once during the mission, but thankfully my friend revived me.

I completed 3 scouting missions and a couple of bounties. The scouting missions are interesting as they throw me into an area to find beacons with randomized missions. Most of them are simply "kill this dude", but it's a nice way to just build EXP and loot.

I am now level 5 but real close to 6. I picked up a nice sniper rifle as a secondary weapon that is way more useful than the shotgun I had. The Titan has some pretty good close range attacks, so I didn't use the shotgun much. I replaced most of my gear and even bought a higher level pulse rifle from the store in town. My two level ups granted me a new super attack that hits enemies around my character that is very powerful. I also have a new punch that hits hard but isn't available at all times. Some of the gear I have has stats on it. It's weird how that works because it affects specific abilities. For example, one of the stats improves the cool down time on my grenades. I can't wait to get home and play some more!