September 7, 2014

The Sims 3

Date played: September 7th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

With all this talk about The Sims 4, it got me and my girlfriend to reinstall The Sims 3 and play a little bit. I made our family, myself, my girlfriend and my daughter (as a toddler) to play a bit. I'm a childish, brave genius who is good with computers. I also love spaghetti. My girlfriend is a friendly heavy sleeper with an artistic side, while my daughter is a good, brave person.

I spent most of my time in the character creator, trying to get us to look similar to our real selves and was fairly successful at that. We bought a small, furnished house and started our digital lives. My girlfriend got a job with the police right away, while I spent a bit of time at home to teach my daughter to talk. I soon got a job as a cook.

My virtual self reads a virtual book to my virtual daughter in my virtual house
The toddler has some cool mechanics. She can't really walk and won't do much on her own. She has a diaper, that needs to be changed when full. She doesn't eat regular food and needs a high chair. She sleeps in a crib, but only goes to sleep when tired instead of deciding to sleep. The parents have lots of cool interactions available with her too, like teaching her to walk, reading books together, snuggling, etc.