September 13, 2014

Destiny

Date played: September 12th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I attempted my first Strike mission. These are little dungeons that require 3 people and are a bit more involved than story missions. The Strike mission on Earth had us eliminate some Fallen. It all went fairly well for a while, even if we died a couple of times. One of the areas was filled with snipers, stealth enemies, wizards and other tough enemies, while being swarmed by lesser opposition. It took a while for our team to "get it", but eventually we made it through this area. That's when we hit the boss fight.... holy shit yo.

The boss is a gigantic, spider-like mechanical tank. It has extremely high HP and is well protected by tons of enemies as well as it's own deadly cannons. After failing a few times, we figured out that we had to take out most of the smaller enemies, then deal damage to the tanks legs. When enough damage was inflicted, it knelt down and showed a weak spot. I swear, he was a dozens bullets away from dying when we failed again and lost one of our crew. I will try this again soon because it was really fun and challenging.

The temple on the Moon
I then completed one mission on the Moon on my own. I went back into a temple I had discovered earlier and went deeper. I reached an cage of some sort and had to jump in and fight the enemies here. My rocket launcher proved it's usefulness here as I took down a knight and a wizard. There was another device to hack into after that, and another set of enemy waves. I was 1 level higher than most enemies, which helped me survive.

Finally, I played another story mission on the Moon, this time with two people I recruited on the fly in the common area. This was a lot more fun than the solo mission, simply because I had squad mates. We didn't even talk, but having two people to help on the missions makes them so much more fun! We found a special sword used by the Hive and took out it's protectors, 3 elite knights.