September 7, 2014

Grid Autosport

Date played: September 6th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 7/10

I completed another season in the Touring mode. This was filled with exciting battles for position across beautiful circuits. Circuit Mont-Tremblant was one of the more interesting ones because it's very narrow and has a lot of elevation changes. It also helps that it's set in my home province of Quebec! Ravenwest is the top team in this game and they are ALWAYS the hardest to beat. In some of the tracks, I have to get to them before the first turn or I'm going to be chasing them for most of the race. In qualifying, I often place 3rd, right behind the two Ravenwest drivers.

Circuit Mont-Tremblant is a great track
Once I won that season, I tried out Endurance racing. These night races are timed instead of having a set number of laps. There is also tire wear based on how hard turns are taken, tire spinning and going off track. The cars were quite powerful and fun to drive, but I ran into a little problem. I had to stop playing and thought I could just quit out of a race. When I did though, I received a big fucking DNF and scored no points for that event. The game then threw me into the next event. I guess I can't abandon races because of life... I'll probably have to retry the entire season, but we'll see.