September 25, 2014

Destiny

Date played: September 24th and 25th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I'm starting to find my groove in the Crucible.

I first completed a few of the Queen's bounties by taking on the Fallen and their Walker tank. I played the level 8 version to makes things go faster and it was quite easy. It was also quite boring...so I went back to the Crucible and it's definitely more interesting to me than grinding strikes. At least, human players are always a real challenge while the strikes become predictable, even on higher difficulties.

I played a TON of crucible matches in all modes. Rumble was the only one I hadn't tried yet, but it's just a big free for all. This game feels better in teams... I ended up playing mostly Clash and Control and have been more successful than ever. In fact, I had my first real BIG game with 18 kills and 4 deaths in Clash, the team deathmatch mode.

18-4. Fuck you, bitches.
It's funny, the Halo holy trinity of shooting, grenades and melee is in full force here, with the addition of the super moves. I've started using my super more often as I felt I was just wasting my time waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. I now use it quickly and it's helped a lot. I've switched to pulse grenades too. These things are a bit less versatile than the flash grenades, but they deal decent damage and can hold down a choke point easily.

I was lucky enough to score a bit of new gear. I first got a nice set of rare gloves which raised me to level 21! I also got a very beautiful red armor color scheme. Finally, I got extremely lucky with my first exotic weapon, Gjallarhorn. This badass looking rocket launcher has lots of amazing upgrades, though I will have to farm the materials for that too...  I'm very excited to try it out and upgrade it!