September 17, 2014

Destiny

Date played: September 16th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I completed the second strike on Venus and played a few story missions on Mars. The Venus strike was pretty tough. There are a few rough battles in the beginning where heavily shielded enemies swarmed us a bit, but the real challenge was the boss.

This guy is a powerful, rocket launcher equipped Fallen commander. He has a very strong melee attack as well. He summons Servitors, the healing orb enemies, to keep his health up, as well as tons of regular minions. We got through it by using the level's ample cover and spread out to avoid splash damage from the rockets.

Mars is gorgeous
The Mars story missions were pretty cool too. I investigated a large Vex agglomeration. This was near a battlefield where Vex were fighting Cabal. It turns out there were half a dozen Vex portals in the base. It was well protected, but I'm well equipped, so I took care of those pesky robots.

The other mission I played had me investigate some artifact out in the open fields of Mars. Most of it was just fighting Cabal. At the end, there was a fight against a rocket launching elite, heavily armored dude. My new rocket launcher proved it's effectiveness in this fight.

I'm level 19 now and I think I only have one or two missions left in the story, and maybe two strikes, I still haven't found a pulse rifle that deals enough damage, so I've been sticking to my scout rifle. I also picked up a new sniper rifle. It's not extremely powerful, but is still useful.