September 12, 2014

Destiny

Date played: September 11th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I completed all of the story missions on Earth in Old Russia. None of my friends were online and I couldn't find a partner in the mission hub, so I did the missions alone. The last mission in Russia had me opening up a large radio array of some kind. Of course, this meant shooting through dozens of Fallen enemies. I didn't quite realize it at the time, but in an earlier mission, I had discovered a Hive nest. This is another race of alien forces. They are a bit more wild than the Fallen and look like insects. They deliver a satisfying explosion of goo when killed!

I then completed my first mission on the moon. It's very pretty up there that's for sure. Unfortunately, it's also filled with Hive. A new vehicle was introduced, an armored and armed hover bike. It's really just a Ghost from Halo, it even fires it's weapon almost the same way! I found a large underground temple which turned out to be the Hive's assault base. They are planning an invasion of Earth it seems. Anyway, I shot a large cluster of enemies then I fought a tough warlock looking dude. He came really close to killing me, but I escaped narrowly.
The temple on the Moon
I have a new rocket launcher that packs a real punch, a bunch of new armor, a new sniper rifle and a new assault rifle. I've been loving the pulse rifle and it's burst shots, but the damage on the assault rifle was too much to pass up. I am now level 8.

I finally tried out the Crucible, the competitive multiplayer mode. I got fucking slaughtered in there. There were people much higher level than me, but it was mostly that I didn't really know what to expect. My burst rifle also didn't really hold up against human opponents as they move a lot quicker than the AI. I did manage a few kills with melee and my sniper rifle, and I captured many objectives, but I should be much better next time. The mode I played was basically Call of Duty's Domination mode. I look forward to playing this some more.