August 24, 2014

Tomb Raider

Date played: August 23rd
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

Lara explored the mountain area to find the medical supplies stolen by the wolf pack. This was a big area with tons of collectibles hidden in various nooks and crannies. There were a lot of things that were not accessible because I am missing equipment. I found a small tomb along the way where I had to solve a simple puzzle to get some treasure. Eventually, I found the medical supplies hidden in a wolf den. Of course, I was attacked by a wolf on my way out and had to stab it in the chest multiple times to survive.

I got my friend back into decent shape with the supplies and he gave me his climbing ax as a reward. I can now climb some rock faces. The next logical thing to do was to send an SOS signal. There was a very tall radio tower nearby, so Lara set out to activate it. This was a section that could have been pulled straight out of Uncharted. Clearly, the enemy group has settled in this area. I shot dozens of men as I went through the complex, including some heavily shielded guys that I had to dodge before I could shoot them. I also picked up an SMG, which was useful in some of the more hectic encounters.
Lara climbs the radio tower
To activate the SOS signal, Lara had to climb the tower to it's very top, She managed to contact someone that sent an airplane to save us! Yay! I started making my way back to my camp site when the plane was struck by lightning and crashed straight onto Lara... In an exhilarating sequence, she slid down a slope while avoiding debris from the plane. This could have been Nathan Drake and I wouldn't have batted an eye.

After the crash, I was stuck in an abandoned village built on a cliff face. The pilot of the plane had jumped out and parachuted down, only to be executed by bad guys before my eyes. There is definitely some paranormal shit going with the weather here too...