August 30, 2014

Tomb Raider

Date played: August 30th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

I reached the tomb Lara was looking for. After inspecting a samurai's corpse, she found clues that made it clear she had to destroy the queen's body to lift the curse on the island. I went back to camp and met my friends. They fixed the small barge and agreed to help Lara find the body instead of trying to leave the island right away. Unfortunately, Sam was captured again, this time with one Whitman's help. He's the lead archaeologist. He decided the safest way to find fame and fortune was to help the cultists... dumb ass.

Lara finds out how to lift the curse on the island
After a brief ride in the barge upriver, we found our spot. I completed a little puzzle involving an elevator and lots of jumping around, then found Sam and her captors. I sneaked around the samurai guards. Mathias tricked Whitman into distracting the guards to the queen's temple. Unfortunately for Whitman, it cost him his life. Lara found a different way into the temple, so I imagine this will lead to the final moments of the game.