August 31, 2014

OlliOlli

Date played: August 31st
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 6/10

I've had a great time playing OlliOlli on Vita, but haven't really gone back to it. It just released on PS4 and since I already bought it on the portable, I get to play it for free on console now. The wonderful pixel art translates perfectly to the big screen, and the Dualshock 4 is up to the task of handling this fast paced game.

The first levels are pretty easy...
I only played a short amount, getting 5 stars on the first 5 levels. The biggest difference with this version is actually the vibration on the controller. It's amazing what a little thing like that can do to make a game better. In fact, it makes it a bit easier because you get direct feedback on the quality of your tricks and landings. Sloppy landings rumble the controller strongly, while perfect landings don't vibrate at all. It's hard to explain, but it helps me learn how to improve.