August 4, 2014

Grid 2

Date played: August 3rd
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played another good chunk of season 4. Again, there were a lot of vehicle challenges and one promo event. I also played two WSR events. The cars are a lot faster now, which means any small mistake can be catastrophic. The Corvette Z06 has been my workhorse in this season. I just default to it whenever I have the choice. It was a bad decision in one of the tournaments as I was racing against slower, but much more nimble lightweight cars on a track with lots of corners. The Corvette was drifting around like a lumbering beast as the small cars gripped to the asphalt.

The McLaren MP4-12C barrels through the air
I won two Aston Martin's, including the beautiful but way too heavy Vanquish. I had a special promo event in an Audi. I chose the Ariel Atom  for any event that required a lightweight car, it's been really fun to drive. I got to try out a Volvo Super Touring car which was a delight to drive. Finally, I had an exhilarating time trial in a Mclaren MP4-12C. While it is very light and powerful, this also means it flies off at the slightest bump in the road and oversteers too much. It took me a few attempts to make it on time through the coast line track safely, but I eventually won the car.