August 8, 2014

Grid 2

Date played: August 7th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

I'm using real fucking race cars now baby! I started with an overtake event using a super touring car, which was very easy on the big open circuit it was set on. Besides, I was used to the Tier 3 cars. I then played a few vehicle challenges. The first was a non-eventful run with the BAC MONO, a lightweight car that handles pretty well. The second one is where I had the best challenge in the game so far.

The Pagani Huyara is a fucking monster. Driving that thing felt like I was trying to pull an American bodybuilder on steroids to a tea party by attaching a string to his nose ring. It was fucking insane! The car is extremely fast, very light and can spin out at the slightest error. On top of that, the track was very long, with a target time of 3:09. Three minutes may seem like a short time, but in a car as fast as the Huyara, it's an eternity. It took practice, many failed runs and determination, but I clocked in my winning run at 3:06. The trick was to tickle the throttle and brakes instead of hammering down. The difference in this car is that the slightest miscalculation will be fatal.

The McLaren F1 GT blazes through Dubai
I then had another vehicle challenge in a rather large and heavy Aston Martin One 77. I didn't like it at all, but it was easy to hit the target time. Finally, I completed one WSR event, a three race championship with race cars. I settled on the McLaren F1 GT. It's nimble, fast and doesn't slide out too much. It took a few tries on one of the courses to beat Harrison Carter, the favored racer, but I got first place.