August 6, 2014

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Date played: August 5th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 4/10

I've never really been a Tekken fan, but I got a good deal on this one and thought I would give it a try. My daughter saw the icon for it in the Wii U menu and asked to see what it was. She picked the characters for me and I played a few rounds of arcade mode, nothing substantial.

The game handles well and plays well and it looks pretty good too, though it's a kind of low resolution. I am not very good at this game and don't know how it's supposed to feel. I know the feel for games like Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive, but not for Tekken. From what I've played, it seems to be heavily focused on combos. I won the rounds I played and even tried a character that had a Princess Peach costume, to my daughter's delight. I'll have to give this game another shot when I have more time.