August 4, 2014

Skylanders Swap Force

Date played: August 4th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through one level of Swap Force at my daughter's request. There is a new mini-game to open some locks that is pretty cool to play. Two little electrified blobs must be moved on a grid so that they meet. It's simple, but fun. Aside from that, I played mainly as Jade Fire Kraken who is still fun. I even upgraded two of his moves, his basic attack now hits harder and he sends little sparks that damage enemies as he jumps. The rest of the level was nothing out of the ordinary.

Jade Fire Kraken is badass
The best part is when my daughter decided to try playing a bit. She's 4 years old and only plays iOS games, but she has always been interested in the games I play. She has a really hard time with the controller in general, but is starting to understand how to use the sticks and buttons. She's far from ready for combat or platforming, but she was able to wander through the level with me. It was one of the most amazing moments I've had playing a video game. It's the little things that matter...