August 11, 2014

Grid 2

Date played: August 10th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

I finished Grid 2's single player mode!

I started with a nice, 3 round circuit racing event. As usual, the Audi R8 performed admirably. Then I completed some faceoff events which were pretty difficult, but as long as I held the racing line, the other racer wouldn't be too hard to beat, though I had to abuse the flashback feature.

For the checkpoint series, I decided to go with the McLaren F1 GT again since it has a bit more punch during acceleration. While it's harder to keep on the track, the checkpoint events are so tight on time that I felt I needed the extra nimbleness. I also completed a drift event in the Acura NSX which turned out to be an easy to drift car.

The Audi R8 led me to victory!
The final series was an epic, 5 round race event across the world. We raced in Chicago, Barcelona, Dubai, Paris and Hong Kong. It was tough, but not impossible. Bruno Silva, Harrison Carter and Callum Kirkwood have been my rivals since the beginning. Silva is a bitch because he plays rough in the corners and tends to have heavy cars. Callum Kirkwood is the nice guy. Finally, Harrison Carter is a speed whore who will destroy anyone, provided he can keep his car on track. I had a very satisfying moment in the last lap of one race where I was a little too far from first place to win. That's when I saw sparks and smoke up ahead, as Carter smashed into a guardrail, giving me enough time to pass him and win.

Grid 2 was an exhilarating game and I'm happy to have played through it and won the WSR championship.