August 4, 2014

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Date played: August 4th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played quite a bit, but really didn't get all that much done... I kind of forget how this game goes sometimes. There's a lot of talking and item management that has to be done. I also did a lot of alchemy, some armor crafting and a bit of enchanting. I pretty much never left Whiterun as I explored every nook and cranny and spoke to almost everyone. I moved the story forward a bit too by meeting the Jarl of Whiterun. I informed him of the dragon attack I witnessed. He gave me a quest to gather a dragonstone from a dungeon...but I already had it thanks to a quest I completed in Riverwood!
Whiterun is fucking awesome

We soon discovered a dragon flying nearby so I went out with the guards and slayed it! I hid in a nearby tower to take pot shots at the dragon since he's way too strong for me at this point. I used the bow and arrow, a few poisons and even a couple of lightning bolts, one of my new spells. I earned my first shout, the now classic "Fus". Everyone now knows I am Dragonborn. The Jarl of Whiterun recommended that I go meet the old dudes at the top of the mountain.