October 30, 2017

Picross S

Date played: October 29th
Platform: Switch

Well, I bought Picross S last night. I was looking for a simple game to pick up and play while I watch TV. I was going to buy Golf Story, but I didn't know there was a Picross game on Switch, so when I saw it for 10$, I bought it right away.

Picross is a simple puzzle game, reminiscent of Sudoku. There's a grid, where each line and column has a number associated to it. These numbers represent the total number of squares that must be filled in for that row or column. It also shows the groupings of squares, so for example, it can have a value of 3;2, which means one group of 3 squares and one group of 2 squares.

It's super simple, but of course, the challenge comes from the shape of the puzzle itself. It can get very difficult, but it's also relaxing and fun. I probably won't post about this again, since there's literally nothing else to say, but Picross S is a wonderful distraction.