October 2, 2017

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Date played: October 1st
Platform: Switch

I got a chance to play a little bit of Kingdom Battle with my daughter this weekend, taking on another large chunk out of the third world. This creepy world is very challenging... The mid world boss was a giant piranha plant, holding in it's grasp a Rabbid Yoshi, because of course. The battle itself was very hard. The guy had 1100 HP, more than anything before it, and it was flanked by some dangerous, smaller enemies.

Mario died heroically during this battle, but it's Luigi who stole the show with a 3 shot counter that killed the boss, as Rabbid Peach supported from mid-field. Rabbid Yoshi joined our team! I tried him in the next battle, replacing Rabbid Peach, and found him surprisingly powerful. He's actually earned a spot on my permanent team now, at least, for now.
Rabbid Yoshi celebrates his newfound freedom by terrorizing his dying foe
Rabbid Yoshi wields a rapid fire minigun, throws a wide radius grenade, has a powerful personal shield and can scream at enemies to make them run away. He ends up being kind of a close range tank for me, with Mario dealing mid range damage and Luigi covering the rear. Even without any healing abilities, I managed to do quite well so far with him. I'm almost at the end of the third world now, so we'll see if my tactics hold up against a boss.