October 30, 2017

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Date played: October 29th
Platform: Switch

I secretly played one chapter of Kingdom Battle without my daughter yesterday... I knew it was going to be kind of a middle chapter, so nothing too special story wise. I was almost right. This chapter was different because it had a total of 4 battles, 3 of which were continuous, so no healing in between.

That meant most battles weren't too hard, but I really had to be careful with my health. I really abused my counter attacks with Mario and Luigi, setting up elaborate chain sequences that feel more like a puzzle than a battle. In one map, I killed 6 enemies in one turn, leaving only 1 straggler behind, thanks to some smart sequencing on my part.
Rabbid Wario and Waluigi are back, with some reinforcements!

I thought I was doing pretty well, but then the final battle was a rematch against the Rabbid Wario and Waluigi guys, plus another heavily armed Rabbid. This battle was tough, but I kept my distance and used it to my advantage. I retreated to higher ground and dealt as much damage as I could before my heroes start dying. Rabbid Yoshi was the only one to bite the dust, but it was a really close one.