October 9, 2017

Final Fantasy VII

Date played: October 8th
Platform: PS4

I need a slow game last night, so I booted up FF VII. The last time I played, I had been masquerading as a soldier in Junon, the military city, to get some info on Sephiroth's whereabouts. All info led us to believe that he was crossing the ocean, so after exploring Junon a little bit and staring at awesome equipment that is too expensive for me, I hopped onto a large ship as a stowaway.

The trip across the ocean was interrupted by some commotion on the cargo ship. It seems that our group wasn't the only group of stowaways... Yes, Sephiroth is aboard. After a few random battles, we found him and Cloud tried speaking with him, but Sephiroth didn't recognize him, which was weird.

In fact, we somehow ended up fighting against a Jenova herself, though she's still rather weak. The battle was difficult, but Cloud, Barret and Yuffie kicked some ass. I used a lot of summons here, including Shiva, the sexy ice goddess.
Red XIII takes a well deserved break to play soccer with kids in Costa Del Sol

After the battle, we docked at Costa Del Sol, a beautiful little coastal town with a popular beach and lots of carefree villagers. This was always one of my favorite locations in the game. It's got nice music, pretty colors, girls in bikinis and a very playful vibe. This is a nice contrast to the more serious atmosphere of most environments in the game. Red XIII plays ball with local kids while Aeris and Tifa go sunbathing at the beach.

I spoke to people in the area, gathering info, which led our group to explore West of Costa Del Sol, towards Mount Corel. The path was a fun dungeon, with lots of different paths, secret items, hidden caverns and a bunch of new enemies to fight. I reached a small, decrepit village, but had to stop playing.