October 21, 2017

Gran Turismo Sport

Date played: October 20th
Platform: PS4

I think there's something broken in Gran Turismo Sport... the daily races haven't changed since launch day... That kind of sucks because it's been the same Gr.3 oval, the Brands Hatch race in Civics or the Gr.4 race at Suzuka. I really hope they change the races soon because there's not much else to do.

I spent some time completing mission challenges, which are short racing scenarios. For example, on an oval, I had to use drafting to reach 250 km/h in a car that didn't have the natural power to get there. Only drafting behind another car allowed me to reach that speed. Other missions were cool too, where I was given an overpowered car and had to pass 4 slower racers in a single lap. These things are entertaining, and they grant cars as rewards when I get all golds, but I much prefer real racing.

Another thing I messed with is the circuit experience mode, where you have to set fast times in each segment of a track, then have to complete a full lap. The time targets are really tight, so it often took me many attempts to succeed. I did 3 tracks, including Brands Hatch, which rewarded me with more cars.

Later, I played one lobby race with some Canadians. The lobby had a weird setup, allowing for car tuning and few car restrictions. I was riding my new BMW M4, and it's one of my favorite cars so far. It's fast for it's class, it's got lots of power during acceleration and excellent traction. After a few laps of practice, we started the race.
I love my BMW M4 Coupe!

I fought hard, but some of these guys were kind of shitty and loved bumping into other cars. After getting wiped out and falling to 8th place out of 9, I battled all the way to second place and crossed the line! It was really exciting and lots of fun! The winner of the race was using a Porsche GT3 and drove really well ahead of the pack the whole race, so I had no chance to catch up to him, but at least I beat all the other guys in the race!