October 3, 2017

Cuphead

Date played: October 2nd
Platform: Xbox One

My youngest brother came over to hang out a little bit last night, and we ended up playing through the first three bosses of Cuphead in 2 player co-op! I was Cuphead and he was Mugman. We made a great team! It took him a few rounds to get used to the controls and abilities but he picked it up pretty quick.
Cuphead and Mugman

We ended up killing the carrot, the frogs and the blue blob.We also got really close to beating the amazing looking moon boss, but failed in the last moments. The biggest difference in co-op is that the game is significantly easier. I don't think the bosses have more health, so having twice the firepower makes a huge difference.

My brother even bought a different weapon than me, which allowed him to shoot enemies behind him. It's pretty cool, but seems made for maybe a specific boss or something. Also, a dead player can be resurrected by parrying it's ghost. It's tricky to pull off, but it saved our ass often. I wish I had a second player for the whole game, it's even better than in single player!