October 7, 2017

NHL 18

Date played: October 6th
Platform: PS4

I spent some time at my brother's house last night, and we ended up playing some 4 player NHL 18 on his couch. I payed two matches, each time with my brother as my teammate, and we won both of our games!
NHL 18 looks very real...

We picked random teams, for fun, so we ended up with the Nashville Predators for the first game and Florida Panthers (ewww) for the second game. My brother and I always have a pretty good team chemistry going. He's definitely a lot better than I am, particularly for scoring goals, but I'm good enough to pull my own weight and set up some nice plays.

What I am good at is closing off passing lanes, breaking up offensive plays and generating offense and turnovers. I am particularly bad at passing the puck when I am the goalie, and I've had a few penalties for undisciplined body checks and hooks. Still, I was often setting up good plays for my brother to score with. I actually scored a goal, but it was sloppy.

NHL 18 is a fantastic multiplayer game, and honestly, I'm starting to have the itch to play again. Maybe it's because the hockey season is starting, but man, last night was a ton of fun!