October 1, 2017

Watch Dogs 2

Date played: September 30th
Platform: PS4

Well, I'm running out of side missions to complete now, and I can smell the end of the game creeping up. There's still a good number of main missions left that's for sure, but things are getting more serious now.

I first still did a few side things, like completing the police corruption story. On Alcatraz, I had to find some definitive date to expose the police corruption. It was a violent mission... I usually stick to my drones and hacking to solve puzzles and missions, but sometimes, it's just a bit easier to pull out the big guns. I carry a powerful LMG for these situations, though I try to limit it's use, since it attracts a ton of attention.

I also investigated the FBI by clearing a large office building, solving a close circuit terminal puzzle, planting an antenna and downloading data. This went rather well, except that in the meantime, Wrench was kidnapped. The men unmasked him and interrogated him. He's got kind of a fucked up face... Of course, Marcus had to go save him! I even managed to recover his mask.
Wrench, unmasked

My skill tree has seen a good number of upgrades too, thanks to the influx of research points from leveling up. I can now hack police choppers and perform a massive system crash. I've also upgraded my "mana" pool, so to speak. I also bought a couple of nice cars.

It had been a while since we had seen Horatio, so Marcus investigated the situation via some camera feeds. So yet again, another member of DedSec is kidnapped. This led me to a gang infested neighborhood where I found Horatio, dying on the floor. After some emotional moments, the team gets together and plots their violent revenge.

This meant a series of missions where I fucked up some gangsters. They are heavily armored now, so it's harder to kill them. I infiltrated a gang hideout, I destroyed a stupid amount of cocaine, and I killed dozens of gangsters. The stakes are getting higher and higher as the game goes on...