June 23, 2016

Soul eating worms and car soccer

Eat me Nidhogg! Give me glory!
Date played: June 21st
Platform: PS4

I went to visit my brother last night who had a few friends over and we ended up playing a bit of Nidhogg and Rocket League. Nidhogg was a real hit with the group. We fenced, we jumped, we dodged and we pulled each other's hearts out for a good little while. I was pretty good of course, since I have lots of practice with the game. I still had a bit of a challenge from my friends, and lost a couple of matches. The evening's running joke became to congratulate people on being gloriously eaten by the Nidhogg whenever a match ended.

We also played two quick games of Rocket League. There's been a pretty big update to the game that added some cosmetic items and a really cool "victory screen" at the end of a match that highlights the winning team. We lost our first match 5-1, but we were rusty. We played against the same team in our second match and won 3-2. It was close, but our skills were starting to show. That's all we had time for, but it was a real blast.