June 4, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: June 3rd
Platform: PC

My brother came over to hang out, so we spent most of our evening playing Overwatch, passing the controller between rounds and matches. As usual, the game was tons of fun. Of course, most of my time was spent with Reinhardt, and I did really well with him.

My brother tried out Tracer, Junkrat and Lucio, but he really got into the groove when he picked Pharah. Her high mobility, her awesome vertical combat and her powerful rockets were perfect for his style. He ended up doing pretty damn well with her.

I spent some time with Winston in a match where we already had a tank and healer. I like Winston, but he's difficult to use. The best strategy I found for him is to jump into the fray, pop the bubble shield, shoot the weapon a bit at the enemies in range, then jump the fuck out before going down. Winston is a disturber, a nuisance, a scatter artist. His ultimate doesn't hit too hard, but it pushes people back. I used it to force a Bastion to move from his perfect spot, giving my team the chance to move in and push forward.
This attack as Soldier 76 didn't go well at all
I had a few moments with Junkrat and Soldier 76 also, but it didn't go super well. My best moment of the night was on Route 66 on attack. As we pushed the payload forward in the first section of the map, a Symmetra had been wrecking us from afar with her giant ball of death, while her turrets protected the front line. I charged her from range with Reinhardt, hoping to pin her and kill her. She dodged, but not enough. I ended up clipping her which sent her flying off the cliff to her death. Similarly, in a match where we were being destroyed, I was very close to death and our healer had died. I charged into the enemy Reinhardt, who was still full health and protecting the whole team. I grabbed him and flew off the map with him, giving my team a chance to regroup.