June 2, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: June 1st
Platform: PC

I was pretty damn good last night as Reinhardt. In a payload match that I played with my friend, we completely dominated the field. We had a very good Mercy who kept us all healed up and didn't get herself killed. She even revived me twice in the same run, so even though I died twice in the match, I never respawned in the spawn room.
Feels good man.

At one point, I ran in front of the payload and flanking the opposing team from a side door. I then used my ultimate to stun a Mercy, Tracer and Torbjorn. I killed the Mercy and Tracer quickly, then the dwarf's turret and finally, the little man himself. I think this push is what won us the match... I even got the Play of the Game by pinning a Bastion and taking out a Torbjorn and his turret in one fell swoop.

In another match, I had a few battles against a Winston. He's tricky because he also specializes in close range battles. I killed him every time, but it was only due to having Mercy on me. Later, I got fucked up in more ways than I could imagine by an excellent, ruthless Tracer. I mean, she completely controlled the battlefield by being very accurate with her pistols, placing her ultimate bomb at the right time in the right spot, and using her blink very well. She literally ran circles around my lumbering Reinhardt and shot me in the back until I died. Multiple times. She was fucking brilliant.

I also played with a very good Lucio. It's amazing how much difference voice chat can make in a match... Me and him would coordinate our team's attacks and hold them back to wait for a full group and push together. When attackers go off on their own, it's never successful... The key to winning in Overwatch is to use team work. I fucking love Overwatch.