June 17, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: June 16th
Platform: PS4

I had another fun evening of Overwatch, some of it with one of my brothers. I played a healthy mix of Reinhardt and Mercy, though I also had a fun match as Symmetra on defense. There were a few appropriate rooms for setting up her turrets, the teleporter was as valuable as ever and her long range orb projectiles can shut down a chock point pretty well.

I had a really good play with her when a Reaper and a Lucio entered my turret nest of a room. Confused, they looked around, trying to find my well hidden turrets, so I charged in and added my weapon's primary fire to the mix. I melted the Reaper in a few seconds, then took the Lucio. It was a very satisfying moment.
Symmetra's nest of death destroys Reaper and Lucio
When I played with my brother, I showed him what a real tank looks like on the battlefield by dominating with Reinhardt while he was alternating between Junkrat and Widowmaker. He also played one match as Mercy, and one match as Reinhardt to get a better feel for how tanking and healing work in this game. He was a pretty good Reinhardt, but struggled with Mercy a bit. Obviously, he has a lot to learn still, but he's learning fast. I had a really fun time keeping him alive as Mercy while he was Reinhardt.

Our best match was when we played Illios. I was Reinhardt and he was Junkrat. We captured both points easily, even getting a shutout in both rounds. We completely overpowered the other team... I'm pretty good at being well positioned with Rein, while he lobbed and endless stream of grenades towards the doors used by the enemy. It worked so fucking well, I was surprised. Most Junkrats are afraid to be close to the front line like this, I think they don't trust their tanks, but since we have voice communication, it was easy to warn my bro or threats.

I want to play with my bros some more!