June 7, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: June 6th
Platform: PS4 and PC

I spent some time playing Overwatch with my friend, then later, my brother. As usual, I had a ton of fun, but I ran into some difficult groups. I first played on PS4 without a group. I ended up playing a bit of Lucio since no one was healing and we already had tanks.

Lucio is very powerful for many reasons. As a healer, he's more dangerous than Mercy in combat, and better at healing than Zenyatta. He's also much sturdier than either of them since he can move quickly, can wall ride and even has a "push" wave with his gun. Plus, his healing affects all that are near him, including himself, so he can run away from a fight and heal up.
Lucio is so much fun to play
On top of it all, his pistol is dangerous. While he won't win a one on one battle with a real fighter, he can still spam his gun in the general direction of opponents and whittle down their health, helping his team take them down. His ultimate is powerful too, though it has to be timed really well to be effective. He provides a huge amount of shields to nearby allies, but it only lasts a short time. It's perfect when rushing a point or just before an enemy ultimate hits.

If I can't play Reinhardt, I'll usually play Lucio. I feel like it helps the team a lot, and I get a few kills myself in the process. Of course, I played lots of Reinhardt too, but I struggled to find teams that worked with me. I even switched to Roadhog in one match since no one was taking advantage of my barrier... Shit, most of the team was just running to their deaths, one by one, I even played a match where we had a bunch of offense characters, with no healers. We lost that in 2 or 3 minutes tops.

It's frustrating. That's why it felt so damn good to finally play with my brother at the end of the evening. That dude knows how to play the objective. If people want to "practice" their characters, I feel like they should do that in the AI mode... With my brother, we didn't win all that much, but at least we were getting close.